Saturday, December 27, 2008

I can't stay!

After so long, I've entered here
These halls, where are discussed, bulls & bears
These hallowed halls, where learning happens night & day
Precisely the place where I can't stay!

For days now I've loitered here and there
Avoided attending classes or sat in the rear
Bunking classes started way back in May
Hence the reason why I can't stay!

Knowledge flows freely in these halls
Din of students noise drowns roll calls
Soporific atmosphere, sleepy all lay
One more reason why I can't stay!

In these rooms, people burn midnight oil
In pursuit of greater learning, they do toil
Making great men and thoughts and moulding the clay
Yet, I tell you, I can't stay!

There is another place, where I found my call
Planning, discussing with friends and all
Sun lit that room with all its rays
That is where I loved to stay

That room was steeped in history rich
Soaked in creativity, bizzare thinking & kitsch
'Heaven on Earth', 'Paradise' , is what we say
That is the place where I'd stay!

For six months were spent in that revered hall
Where we made stuff great and tall
And where for eternity my thoughts would lay
That is indeed where I'd want to stay!

1 comment:

Rohit said...

hey Aashay! So much of nostalgia that I could feel it too!
Wonderfully written! Neev Rocks! :)