Thursday, June 4, 2009

R.I.P

It seems (sadly!) that my fling with rural Bihar is not over.... If indications are anything to go by, I am quite certain that I would end up in the land where time stands still yet people age rapidly.... Yep!... Munger it just might be again!....

Anyways, In order to prepare myself for such an eventuality (or is it catastrophe?), I have drawn up a  list of reasons that may result in Munger becoming my final resting ground

1.) An angry worker upset at moi for trying to teach him to converse in English/ French (Those of you who know me would agree that I tend to do that.... A LOT!!!)....

2.) A workers' mob angry at Raj Thackrey/ Uddhav Thackrey for bashing up a couple of more of the workers' fellow statemates would mete out the same treatment to moi after realizing that I come from Thackreyland!

3.) A typical Mungeri 'Wet' party might result in (it almost did during summers) me being thrown in front of a Real Live dog which would be unleashed subsequently....While those who are drunk would enjoy the scene I would die of bite injuries and  even before that probably of cardiac arrest!...

4.) A typical Mungeri "Workers' " party might result in a drunken drive on the banks of the Ganges.... The car would probably spin out of control and I would get a 'River burial'

5.) There are a lot of dogs on the route between the factory and the township... These dogs (as far as I experienced during summers) go berserk during the night....a dog-fearing man like myself might have to walk back from the factory an ungodly hours.... I shudder to think what would happen

6.)Munger lies in the Naxal Zone... Period!

Finally, all I want to say is that it was nice knowing you.... Adieu!

(P.S- This doesn't mean that the blog is dead... )

3 comments:

Rohit said...

LOL! Too good! U should buy a dog and learn to co exist with them. Ur fear of dogs is reaching phobia levels!! Cheers to Munger :P

Pari said...

Love the post ............ especially because it clearly shows high probability of us getting rid of u.... I am sure Simanti and others would vouch for the same.

@nkur said...

Well 'Mungeri-Lal' dream on!
I am sure they would've invented newer ways in the past 1 year for you to think about before you RIP.