Sunday, September 13, 2009

What a pickle!


A Pertinent Question: If I am dreaming of cigarette production indices in my sleep, trying to memorize obscure numbers of workmen when I am awake, and if my day is spent in running from one machine operator to the other in trying to understand the nature of their jobs, does that mean that my work life has finally taken over whatever other life, howsoever uninteresting & mundane, that I had???

This phase of my life (as also my training) is called Fighting for Survival... As I sprint from one Review to the other, disappointing the evaluators and just barely managing to scrape through, I wonder, Shouldn't Work be a bit more fun... I know the answer to that question is that this thought never occurred in the last 2 months, when work was less and time pass more, but still....I think its a little unfair to expect a poor chap like me to remember all the obscure operations of the factory... Add to it the projects....Expectations run very high among the assessors, but there never is an attempt to understand the constraints...And the allegations! How they make my blood curdle!

Anyways.... With all the effort that is going into work these days, has meant working hours extended beyond the usual 6'o clock.... Hungry and tired, I stay in the factory, till late in night, trying to figure out some mystical production technology that has so far eluded my understanding.... A positive side effect of this may be some weight loss, however slight... That at least would be something to cheer about in this otherwise gloomy phase...

Life's like that :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

my heart goes out for your poor soul...i hope now u mite have realized wat me n gaurav(narsi moni wala) had gone thru in our pre-mba factory stints...hope this part of your training doesnt leave u permanently impaired :P ...

Unknown said...

..its me Malay..for some weird reaons its displaying my pet name "lovie" instead of Malay :(