Friday, March 2, 2012

I crib, therefore I am



I am not liking this settling down business one bit...2 years of free, unencumbered existence has suddenly come to an end... All of a sudden, I need to worry about food, grocery, laundry, house rent, commute and god only knows what all... Let me be honest, I really don't care about all this! All I want is everything to be in order so that I can do whatever it is that I want to do...What is the point of working hard (actually hardly, but whatever) the whole day if you have to return to a dump in the evening to run around for grocery and stuff...

I am not exactly a big fan of change (although I do feel that I cope with it well)... And I hate the fact that I am so very jobless at this moment... After a very exciting previous stint, my experience here so far has been mind numbingly boring... If it were not for the fact, that my office is covered with glass instead of a brick wall on 2 sides, I would probably have arranged for a nice afternoon nap everyday! All this bloody free time leads to, is reminscing about days gone by which again I hate, because it seems very retired people-y to keep talking about what is past!

Although one thing I am loving so far is the city! It is good to be back to Pune! I loved the 2 years I had spent here last and I hope I love this stint as well (well,eventually!)... Its good to be only 2 hours away from home (I have already been to Delhi once and by the looks of it, I will not be home only once in 6 months anymore!) and its good to have options to hang out and meet people... 



Another thing that I am loving is that the 1-hour commute from Pune to Ranjangaon gives me enough time to catch up with my books (my precious!)... And now that I am in a city, I can purchase a book whenever I want to!... My already decent collection of books has now become decently large and assuming that I don't get tired of reading, I will have a huge collection of books by the time I move out!

It is difficult to forget Munger though... The last few months were awesome, the people, the parties, and the general timepass and I think that is the period that I will remember whenever I think of Munger! Like they say... 'You can take a man out of Munger, but you can't take Munger out of the man!'... Deep emotional scars- I say ;)

No comments: