Friday, August 17, 2012

Its raining expectations



Its scary. All these expectations, I tell you. 3 years of corporate life has meant that I am (decently) financially independent. And just when you thought you could do whatever it was you wanted to do for all these years, expectations pop up. Well actually, they pour down… incessantly…. Buy a car….Get your own place to stay… Book a flat… Get married… Settle down…. Get a better job...Get serious about life… Blah blah  blah blah…. Family goes crazy, peer pressure mounts... I mean, how is a man to live like this!

The worst are the comparisons. You know him, he has bought his second car…. That friend of his, he got engaged last month…. That person who stays near our place, he booked a flat…. That acquaintance switched jobs, he now earns gazillions...Can't even believe you are still living like an animal…

And so the expectations keep pouring in.. One after the other… Sometimes, I get irritated, at other times, I get depressed…Some times, I laugh them off… At other times, I confront, I argue, even ask people to shut up… But mostly, I listen, I smile and tell myself… This too shall pass :)

2 comments:

Nefertiti said...

yea, been there. after a point, you learn to ignore it like the way I ignored most of the profs blabbering in class! sorry, you wouldn't know how it feels, because you were all agog right in the front bench!!

Lazarus said...

I was Roll no. 1!!!!! Where else was I to sit!