Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Confessions of a Sugar Freak!


There is something heavenly about Kaju ki Barfi… I mean no other mithai is as perfect in taste, as impeccable in texture and as delightful to look at as a solitary piece of Kaju ki Barfi… Its rhomboid shape, smooth angles jutting out at perfect ninety degrees, the sliver of silver coating that covers it on the top, its rough yet not so rough surface, the tens of finely ground cashews that give it its unique lip smacking taste and differentiate it from its downmarket stepsister, the ubiquitous and plain Barfi are just some of the specialities that make Kaju ki Barfi what it is- the uncrowned queen of Indian sweets!

I am sure that after reading the above lines, you'd take me for someone who has lost his mind… Well thats only partially true… I love Kaju ki barfi… I mean there is nothing else that can put a smile on my face quicker than one of those diamond shaped Kaju ki barfis… There is nothing that can elicit a burp from my stomach than one of those silver coated diamonds from heaven… Thats just the way it is…

I guess I really have lost my mind… There you go… I have said it… I have lost my mind!…All pre-Diwali I have been waiting for that 1 Kg bumper pack of Kaju ki Barfis… All for me… They would be "my precious"… I would eat them day and night…night and day… I would savor each and every Kaju ki barfi as it were the last Kaju ki barfi made on this planet… I would dream of them when I fall asleep… I would wish for a Kaju ki Barfi heaven… Trees laden with Kaju ki Barfi, rivers with Kaju ki Barfi bobbing up and down enticingly, Kaju ki barfi drops instead of raindrops... Thats is it... All I want is Me and the Kaju ki Barfi…

That 1 kg bumper pack of Kaju ki Barfi pack is here finally… I am literally drooling as I write this… With every word I type, I am thinking of the coarseness of the texture and the smooth way in which it dissolves in the mouth, leaving behind that lovely sweetness…. I must try to stay disciplined this time… 1 piece per day… I must watch my health… I must not try to appear as an uncouth Bhukkad!

But I can't… I want my Kaju ki Barfi… Heck, I want the whole box… MY PRECIOUS! :)

HAPPY DIWALI!

No comments: