Sunday, March 15, 2009

50!


It is indeed an epoch making event in the history of this blog as I publish what is going to be the 50th post!.... What began as an innocuous little experiment of self expression and creativity on the 6th of November 2007 has now survived almost 15 months and 9 days to reach this glorious moment!....I suppose it is time to take a walk down the memory lane!

The first post had something to do with the sense of relief that had come about with the end of Sem I. There was this nothingness about everything as I moved about my place, with no clear sense of direction, no deadlines and a general ever-pervading sense of aimlessness... It was this aimlessness that gave rise to the first post relating to the sense of freedom and liberation from the labour camp that this college then was!This 'prose' style of writing evolved to include super-short stories (The night), self-depreactory articles that I hoped others would find humorous (Cricekting Foibles) and general coverage of interesting experiences (Munger Diaries, PIFFing away to glory etc. etc.)

And then came about the great evolution

From prose to verse, now that was a Revolution!


The next post that followed still hovered around the subject of life at college, but by then, emboldened by the publication of my 'poetic wonders' in the college magazine, I ditched prose and went in for prose. Little did I know then, that this ridiculous and almost senseless construction of sentences (which I still call 'Poetic Wonders') would become such an important feature of my blog! So, much so, that much to my consternation and embarrassment, several people started bombarding such 'Poetic Posts' with hate-comments and several others privately beseeched me to stop tormenting the innocent world with such 'abhorrent' pieces of 'literature' (I hope you are reading Simonti, and I hope you rot in hell :P ). This 'style' of writing became synonymous with such 'masterpieces' as Mrs. Buxton's tale, Anna's song etc.)

The post that followed became another feature of this blog- My commentary of contemporaneous International Political Scene. What began with a scathing criticism of Bush over his handling of Musharraf, soon expanded to cover my take on International Issues. Viewers have been more than kind about my ability to analyze these subjects (Thank You Rohit and Kashmo), but there have been several others who see these posts as nothing more than pretentious display of unintersting facts! (Once more Damn you Simonti!)

Now, that the walk down the memory lane has more or less been completed, I would like to list down my personal favorites! These awards shall be known as the MOCKERS!

1.) Category 1- 'Simple Prose': The nominations for 'Simple Prose' are-
  • Cricketing Foibles
  • The night
  • Delhi Diary
  • And, Munger Diaries I
And the Mocker goes to (Trumpet.........) THE NIGHT!....(Applause....Applause....Screams of joy...!)

2.) Category 2- 'Poetic Wonders': The nominations for 'Poetic Wonders' are-
  • An Ode to the times gone by
  • Holier than thou
  • Mrs. Buxton's tale
  • And, NEEV '08
And the winner of the Mocker in this category is (Trumpet...) HOLIER THAN THOU!....(Applause....Applause....Screams of joy...!)

3.) Category 3- 'Political Commentary'- And the nominations are-
  • Daughter of the East No more
  • Mystical Maroon
  • Holy Land Unholy War
  • End of the US
And the chosen one for the Mocker in the category 'Political Commentary' is (Trumpet...) END OF THE US!...(Applause....Applause....Screams of joy...!)

4.) Category 4- 'Top of the Blog'- And the nominations are-
  • Cricketing Foibles
  • The night
  • Munger Diaries
  • Holier than thou
  • An ode to the times gone by
And the Mocker of the Mockers award goes to...................... 'Cricketing Foibles'.....(Trumpet.....Standing Ovation..... Applause....Tears in eyes!)

I would also like to make use of this occasion to thank all my friends who have tolerated my senseless writings and my pings on Gtalk forcing them to read.

Thank you all..... I hope your sufferings will not be diminished and that I shall continue to hurl heaps of meaningless, wasteful posts at you in the days to come!

5 comments:

Confessions of an unrepentant Aquarian said...

sad to see munger diaries not winnin ny award...i loved that post...but finally i got a mention...although shimonti got two mentions ...lol...interestin post

Nefertiti said...

loser, my name is either simAnti or shimonti but definitely not simonti!!
and ur poems SUCK!!! ur prose is better, but def not award winning...
n u sooo vella n self obsessed to make categories n nominations n awards
hight time to GET A LYF!!!

Aashay said...

@ Simonti.... I think it was your CrapComm that chose to publish those 'Sucky Poems' .....

Enigma said...

Mashay Aanke great going, keep it up. Best wishes for the next 50 and hope u start writing something sensible now, like AK.
Jokes apart, well done boy, munger diaries with the ugly lady was the best!

Shivangi said...

Hey.,,Ass-hai,congrats on the 50th!
Q-Are u gonna go on? (8-) just asking)!