Saturday, March 28, 2009

I Remember!

1.Stepping foot in Room No. 923 on the 8th June 2007 at 8:00 P.M and finding out that my ‘roomies to be’ were just returning from classes…. I remember the first question that propped in my mind since entering SCMHRD…. Why so late?!

2.Midnight, 17th June 2007, when ‘then-unknown’ Todi and Majhi took it upon themselves to hand out birthday bumps…. I still remember Todi’s forceful kick and his innocent comment to my agony…. “Dheere se hi toh maara tha” or something!...

3.18th June 2007, when everyone sang “Happy Birthday” in the MicroEco class… The professor, the elderly Joglekar even presented me with a Ravalgon!


4.Sleeping early by 10:30-11:00 P.M…. That was my refuge from all the hustle-bustle, studies and apparent friendlessness… I remember people streaming in and streaming out all the time and observing aloud “Itni Jaldi kyun so jata hai ye?”! ….

5.Trying to predict the first FCQ that was to happen… Such a scientific and advanced system based on what subtle hints may have unintentionally been dropped by certain professors… I remember the decision to study ERP, which turned out right and then struggling with it till about 30 mins before the FCQ, when Ajay D’Souza explained to me what ERP was, en route to the college…. Thanks to him, I did not have a backlog in the first FCQ!


6.Getting up early at 5:30-6:00 A.M and rushing to the gym, where I would lift no weights above 5 Kgs, the Aerobics hall, where I would ensure that my hand/leg movements were as small as possible and Yoga hall where I would struggle with the way hands and legs had to be intertwined with each other…

7.Dozing off in classes… Initially this was not as blatant as it subsequently became… It was more of stupor reigning, eyelids drooping half way and my hand writing becoming an illegitimate scrawl….


8.Man Acc Mid Term and the struggle to pass somehow…. Thankfully, the Passing criteria changed suddenly from 50% to 70% of class average… I passed!

9.Phatak and his O.R classes… My love for Maths and my pride at being good at Maths was washed away in every single class


10.Running away to Mumbai to friends, and discovering that the world was still a normal place, and there were people doing stuff beyond assignment and studies… I remember having to rush back early morning on the 4th to attend back to back Phatak Lectures! I genuinely feared that otherwise my attendance would fall short!...

11.Summer Placements…. I remember GSK (Left is right!!!) and getting rejected… Then making it through Reckitt Benkiser, and being told by Subbu just before the HUL interview that I had made it through a company better than HUL!.... I remember ITC and the ‘nautanki’ that Subbu made me do! .....


12. First Sem exams and the dread of flunking every other paper…. I remember First Sem Exams getting over…. The trip to Mumbai…. The flight home… And FREEDOM!

13.Nibiru… The sheer amount of hard work and efforts that went into it… The entire song and dance show… And the question by Luke Kenny “ So, what’s the point? “ ….


14.First meeting of NEEV’08…. I remember the meetings that went into deciding the theme… The time between and after exams, when we would sit and start working on the brochure…

15.My first official backlog in the form of Man Acc internals… I had happily dropped 0s/ added 0s in all my calculations…


16.15th March 2008… When the mail from ITC detailing project and location finally came…. I remember reading MUNGER…. And searching on the map how to get there….!

17.Munger…. The parties… The work… The workers… The bungalows… the Swimming Pool… The tennis Court…!

18.Haldiram Pitch… D.S Group Pitch…Spykar Pitch… Siemens’ Corporate Finance pitch…. Common Wealth Pitch… I remember SHRM getting converted!

19.Random PPTs to entice the junior batch to work for NEEV… I remember our exasperation with NEEV’08 juniors, “THE MEETING” with juniors where we yelled at each other…

20.Topping ManAcc Backlog…. And flunking in Leadership internals! …


21.NEEV’08…Mumbai Blasts…. The banner coming down from the A Hostel… Sleeping at 4 AM and getting up at 8 AM to decide whether or not NEEV is happening…

22.29th November 2008- Schizorama and 30th November 2008- NEEV’08 closing ceremony….Subbu yelling at me and Samleen for having insulted the Chief Guest…the PPT Fiasco et al!


23. Harihareshwar and Diveagar trip… Discovering that there existed a life beyond NEEV!.... I remember the wound scratching incident… The camera in the water incident and the Pari singing incident in the middle of the night incident!

24.Sinhgad, Shirdi, PIFF,Bhimashankar, Theatre classes and all … !

3 comments:

Confessions of an unrepentant Aquarian said...

pure nostalgia...
I think this is become my fave post by u...

Nefertiti said...

beautiful beautiful post!! love it, n will use it as an inspiration for MY post...

Pari said...

I see you have changed the date from april to june ..... :) captured the first year beautifully ...It took me back to the torturous first year ..........
but you skipped some of the second year parts... dont u think??